|Environmental Policy |
Protection of the environment is an integral part of HeidelbergCement Group’s strategy. As natural resources are the basis of cement, measures for sustainable environmental care are adopted in all our operation levels.
In Bangladesh, our policy is to produce high quality cement, optimize operations to save natural resources and prevent pollution in order to create a clean and safe environment.
We achieve these through:
- Reduction of Limestone consumption— To preserve Fossil Fuel & Limestone by reducing clinker portion replace alternative raw material like; Fly Ash (waste material from thermal power plant), Granulated Slag (waste material from Steel plant) etc.
- Reduction of dust emissions — installation of state-of-art environmental protection equipment.
- Efficient energy consumption— (i) Selection of well-proven high technology for our new investments.
- (ii) Implemantation of more different energy saving projects to reduce energy consumption, For examle: Solar energy project.
- Adherence to strict international environmental standards— ISO 14001 and compliance to local environmental legislations and regulations for all our plants.
- Continuous environmental improvement efforts
- The environmental policy is documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to relevant government and non-government authorities, employees, suppliers, customers and also to the general public.
- The Policy is reviewed annually.